Friday, July 4, 2008

snuggling

happy fourth of july!!

we just spent the morning/afternoon at aunt karen and uncle duanes house having a yummy lunch and playing with dax's toys. i over heard uncle duane talking about the lamb that dax sleeps with and thought i have a monkey that is pretty snuggly and maybe i'll give it a try. i should give you a little back ground on my monkey. her name is mallory. we found her last weekend when we went to west texas to visit poppy's family. she was playing in the cotton field. perhaps she was part of the circus and ran away, we just don't know. all i know is she found me and i love her.

oh! i don't want to forget. i said my first word today clear as day. daddy not dada but daddy. music to mommy and daddy's ears.

1 comment:

Brandis said...

I'm glad you found such a special monkey to love. I don't know what I'd do without my Scruffy. He even lets me carry him around by his ears!

Aren't daddies great! I love mine and get so excited when I see him. I point with both hands, stomp my feet, grin from ear to ear and yell "DADA!!" Mommy loves it, but she's glad that I actually call her Mama now :)

Jaden